Anna of Prussia

Rumpenheimer Palace and its hidden graves

The construction of the Rumpenheimer Palace dates back to the 17th century. When the area of Hanau came into the possession of the Hesse-Kassel family, the Palace was expanded. It was used a residence by Mary of Great Britain, Landgravine of Hesse-Kassel until her death in 1772. On 25 July 1797, Princess Caroline of Nassau-Usingen [read more]

Adelheid-Marie of Anhalt-Dessau

Weilburg Palace – The Princes’ Residence

Weilburg Palace was constructed by Philip III, Count of Nassau-Weilburg from circa 1530. The Orangerie was added 200 years later. The Princes of Nassau-Weilburg used it as their main residence until Charles August, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg moved to Kirchheimbolanden, while the seat of government remained in Weilburg. Princess Therese of Nassau-Weilburg, daughter of William, Duke [read more]