Cleves

The Royal Tombs of Cleves

The Stifskirche or the Collegiate Church of St. Mary in Cleves is the place of burial for three royal women. There has been a church at this site since 1170, but the current church is a reconstruction from the 1950s as it was completely destroyed by allied bombs in the Second World War. The first [read more]